Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh man...

This is my first blog post, this could either be totally awesome or totally... not.

I need to start this out on the right foot, I should write the way I feel. My ears feel like they're losing their circulation thanks to these fancy new Skullcandy Headphones, I hope they relax their vice-like grip soon enough, I like my ears.

Let's see here... Edit Html, eh? Let's try setting the text to Heading 1...

butt. HA!

That was pretty crazy right thurr.

I suppose my blog should have a purpose, but what would one write about in a blog? I suppose I could write about anything and everything. The hardest part of writing this will probably be writing it under the knowledge that nobody might ever see it, like my own private corner of the internets.

This is going to be interesting, though I suppose it could get even more interesting once the inclusion of Google Wave is made. I'm really excited about that personally, has anyone reading this actually sat through the entire demo video? If you haven't it's one hour and twenty minutes of interesting stuff that I barely understand, but I was still able to come away from it with the impression that Google Wave will make stuff super-special-awesome.

There are a few concerns I have towards taking full advantage of what Wave has to offer though. For starters, I have a grand total of two contacts who use Gmail; one of my Instructors, and one of my friends, this isn't including my Dad who uses it to view his POP mail account from his iPod. So essentially, unless Hotmail and the lot decide to make a Wave protocol, then Google might not get the kind of attention they wanted, but that's not to say that they won't get hoards of ravenous fans banging on their door, myself being one of them.

I'd have to say one of the more impressive things I saw while watching that video was the dragging and dropping of photos directly from Windows Explorer into the browser window. I certainly hope that that becomes a standard for Html even though I already have Gears installed.

Another thing I remember from the presentation was the realtime typing on both browsers. While it may be interesting to actually see what the other person is typing instead of just seeing the old fashioned "herpaderp is typing something...", it could also turn out to be some sort of curse. Think about it, you might start typing some kind of reply to a wave and then erase it, if the other person was online, they still saw it. I hope they implement that private typing thing they talked about early on.

I hope that Google Wave is released soon, it's interesting to see how Google continuously manages to draw people to the power of the browser in comparison to actual downloaded and installed programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment